Welcome to Grade 12 English. I feel proud of this course, and I look forward to the year with you and seeing what you produce and how you evolve.
This website is updated by a Peer Tutor. As such, there may be some errors.
NEW!!!I have uploaded the authors for the Independent Work to the left--there is something for everybody there. Find the books through your local library quickly, or a bit longer through Chapters.
Download your package to the LEFT. We will not do all of the mid-assessment this year....
For those students in Seaquam Assist who are behind, here is the catch up work (up to Nov 6, 2019):
SEE TERM 1 CATCH UP.PDF just below
Attached below is the link for Term 1 Catch up. 1-9 coincide with all of the assignments we have done in class. All of these have been adapted.
If you are missing work, make sure the following are done.
1 Class Crawl--look around the class, choose one topic, comment in 50wds
2 Children's Story--talk about he impact of a children's story in your childhood in 50wds
3 Paragraph Asst--choose one story below and write a paragraph on your response in 50wds
4 By any other name--do the questions for the attached story "By any other name"
5 CSVTQE--choose a second story and write a paragraph response (your opinion) 100wds
6 Credo--write a series of belief statements, what you think should be true 50-80 wds
7 Steinbeck notes--hand in one set of Steinbeck questions--see Of Mice and Men link below
8 Visual Asst.--take two stories below and compare and contrast them--100wds
9 Lit. Term Quiz--have Ms. Virk get the quiz from me and complete it.
10 One large paragraph comparing/contrasting Of Mice and Men and one of the essays in the Term 1 Catch Up package below: by Quindlen, Staples, Truth, or Walker.
For Term 2 Catch up.
See docs below
***See the note at the top of the page around choosing a novel, and use the link on the upper left to see choices--we need this for the week starting Feb. 19
1) Lit Circle Final Essay
Have Seaquam Assist supervise you as you choose a topic to write on your Lit. Circle--250 or 500 wds
2) Shakespeare Research--Find a topic around Shakespeare from my site--Othello Link--research
-->hand it in to me.
3) TPCASTT, In the catch up file for T2, choose one poem to do TPCASTT analysis
4) 5WSVILTT. In the catch up file for T2, choose one poem to do TPCASTT analysis
5) Othello Quiz
6) Shakespeare in-class Analysis *5 & 6 will be a combined Mark. Find the last sheet in the T2 catch up package. Grab Othello online at Sparknotes.com-->No Fear Shakespeare--> Othello.
Then, choose 2 chunks of text and do the last sheet (context, point, quote, explain, relevance)
7)Poetry Essay--Choose of you TPCASTT or 5WSVILTT, and write an essay with your theme/why/message as your thesis. (250 or 500 wds)
8) Quiz Lit. Terms 3--Have your Seaquam Assist teacher grab the lit quiz for us.
9) Othello General End questions--find the questions on this page, and do one question in 100 to 150 words
TERM 3 submitted this term
1) Provincial Exam, we wrote 3 in class, submitted all of them, and one for a real mark.
2) Independent Reading cue cards
3) Independent Reading 1st set of questions, see link above 'fiction', 'non-fiction', or 'drama'
4) Independent Reading Major Work Data sheet--see the last 2 pages of the same package
5) Independent Reading Assignment #3, also at the end of the package--due April 8 to to turnitin.com (logins--> englishrocks & 20311460 )
6) 2 graphic novels--compare and contrast essay
7) Final for present novel--I haven't set this yet
8) Passion Project --due first week of June